Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wals 2008 Reflection

WALS CONFERENCE 2008

 

After attended all the parallel sessions and key note speeches, it provides me with a clearer and deeper insights of what lesson study is about. Be it Japan, Hong Kong, Sweden, Singapore, I believed that there are no fix and fuss rules for lesson studies in terms how it is being carried out. Personally, I think that there is a need to tweak the procedures as and when the need arises to cater to the needs of the lesson.

 

The presentations did provide opportunities for me to reflect and rethink on the lesson studies lessons which were conducted in my school. It also provides me some ideas on how I could refine on the lesson studies that were conducted. As such, this would better equip me with a set of knowledge that could be applied in future lesson studies.

 

Apart from this, what actually captured my attention was the Variation Theory that was highlighted by Professor Marton. Base on this theory, learning is dependent on students' prior experience. The teacher needs to deliver the lesson content carefully keeping in mind of their learning experience. It would be interesting to know how this theory could be applied in the design of lesson for lesson study in different subjects to perfect our lesson.

 

The pursuit of perfection as what Mun Wai had highlighted=p 

 

On the whole, the standards of the presentations were relatively high. It was definitely an enriching and enlightening experience for an amateur like me in lesson studies.

 

 

 

Wee Liam

Seng Kang Primary School



CONFIDENTIALITY: If this email has been sent to you by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it immediately. As it may contain confidential information, the retention or dissemination of its contents may be an offence under the Official Secrets Act.


No comments: